Upper Anicut: 10 kms. Popularly known as Mukkambu, the dam was constructed by Sir Arthur Cotton in 1836-38 across the head of river Coleroon at the upper end of Srirangam. It is 750 metres long, but broken by the island into three sections. There is a beautiful guest house at the dam site which can be used by the visitors. This is an excellent place of picnic.